How to filter and sort my messages
Front allows you to filter your messages in three ways. Use the tabs at the top of the second window pane to filter your inbox by unassigned, open, or all.
- Unassigned: emails that are unassigned and have not been replied to. No one has taken ownership of these emails. This option only appears in your team inboxes.
- Open: emails that have not been archived.
- All: all emails including unassigned, replied to, assigned to, open and archived.
Front allows you to sort your inboxes in three ways. Use the dials at the top of the second window pane to sort your inbox by oldest, newest, or oldest unreplied.
- Oldest: as you receive new inbound emails, they will be sorted below the emails you already have. The longer ago you received an email, the higher in your list it will be.
- Newest: as you receive new inbound emails, they will be sorted above the emails you already have. The more recent you received an email, the higher in your list it will be.
- Oldest unreplied: as you receive new inbound emails, they will be sorted below emails you already have but haven't replied to. Messages that have been waiting the longest for a reply will stay at the top of your list.
Hi Cory, can you please add my vote to add an "unreplied" filter? If we had looked at a customer email, and then added a "delay" to look at it again, at a certain point it becomes very hard to tell which things in the inbox still need a response and which are just timed items coming back.
Also: is "unread" unread by us or by customer, or both?Reply
Hi - I use Front to send both automated and manual sms messages to customers through Twillio.
I want a way to filter just the replies I have received from customers. Is there a way to do this?
I was using the 'unreplied' filter but found that if one of my automated messages was sent to the customer after they had sent me a message, then the customers message reply will not come up with the 'unreplied' filter (as the filter sees the automated message as a reply) and so I am missing replying to customers questions.
Can you help?
Is there rule I could set up to put all customer replies in to a separate inbox?Reply
Feature request... or maybe just need a suggestion of how to achieve this... could we have a search parameter for messages that were never replied to?
The reason being when I search "unreplied" and it includes conversations that we actually did reply to and close previously, but we archive it if the conversation doesn't require us to respond again. The most recent state is obviously unreplied, but the ticket itself has been touched already.Reply
Another feature "request" I really actually miss being able to toggle between "All" and "Open" in personal folders. e.g. Shared with me and Assigned to me. I sometimes close a conversation (accidentally) and want to get back to something that I was mentioned in.... but then feel like I really clumsy trying to fish it back up among all the other messages that could have happened between archiving and needing to go back to it.Reply