Front's Android app
Stay up to date and communicate with your team, even when you don’t have your computer handy! Use the Front Android app to respond to your customers, collaborate with your team, and work happier.
How do I download the Android app?
Visit frontapp.com/android, or go to the Google Play store.
Where do I find my Android specific settings?
If you open navigation panel, you’ll see a button for Settings at the bottom. From there, you can set:
- Out of office: All notifications will be turned off, and new messages assigned to you will be unassigned
- Notifications: See below section for information notification settings.
- Back button (under Advanced): Toggle off to have the Android native back button open the menu. Toggle on to have the Android native back button exit the app.
- Swipe actions: Customize the left and right swipe actions on the conversation list cells. You can choose from among:
- Mark as Read/Unread
- Quick reply: The quick reply composer is a half screen modal that is shown by default when replying to a message. It optimizes for short, text only replies. If you’d like the full screen composer to be presented every time you reply to a message, turn this off.
How do I set up push notifications on the Android app?
You can customize push notifications on your Android app by accessing Do Not Disturb. Choose from Off, Mute notifications on your phone, Mute notifications on all devices, and Set a schedule to mute notifications.
To choose which push notifications you want to receive on your Android device, you need to use either the Front desktop or web app. From there, you can click your avatar in the top left → Settings→ Notifications. You can set Basic Notifications by selecting either All, Smart, or None under the“Mobile”section. You can also set Advanced Notifications for your mobile app. Visit Notification Settings for more information.
Does the Android app offer push notification quick actions?
Yes! You are able to Comment or Archive from your push notifications, so you can easily triage your Inbox while you’re on the go.
What is the difference between the mobile and desktop app?
The Android app is meant to enable you to read and triage your inbox while you’re on the go. It focuses on workflows that help you to be responsive and productive from your Android device.
The Android app does not support some advanced features that the desktop app supports, including but not limited to:
- On boarding for new users
- The full set of personal settings
- Settings for canned responses, signatures, inboxes, or rules
- Full contact manager
How do I upload attachments?
For new messages or replies, you can tap on the paperclip icon in top right of the conversation view. For comments, you can tap on the paperclip icon on the right side of the comment bar.
How do I add, remove, and view my tags?
To add, remove, or view all tags, you can open the Tags view by either:
- Tapping on any tags listed underneath the Subject of a conversation
- Tapping the 3 dot overflow menu in the toolbar, and selecting View Tags
- If you’d like to add, remove, or edit tags, you can tap Edit at the top right of the Tags view. You can also create a new tag by tapping Create new tag at the top.
Can I use Contact Manager on Android?
You can access contact details saved in Contact Manager on the Android app! Simply tap on the blue contact name in the header of a message to open the Contact Details view. You can also directly edit the Contact Details by tapping the Edit button at the top right of the Contact Details view!