Import or upload contacts in Front
This article will explain how Front's support team can help you import your contacts into your Front account. You can email us a .csv file to firstname.lastname@example.org using the format outlined below, and we will upload them for you. Please be sure to read the complete article to help us expedite the import process.
Note: Another method for uploading contacts is to use our contact API: http://dev.frontapp.com/#create-contact
Column headings and naming conventions are critical for import. The file may only contain the fields listed below (in any order):
You can include more than one of each field with the number appended: email2, phone2, etc.
Below is an example of a .csv file we can upload:
Things to know
- The minimum entry required is one of these: email, phone, or Twitter. Without at least one of these fields, the file will not upload.
- The name column must contain the full name. First Name and Last Name cannot be in separate columns.
- If no name is provided, then the name field in Front will be populated with the content from the first email, phone, or Twitter.
- It is best for you to provide any phone numbers in international format already (with the + and country code).
- If the link is a URL, then it will be clickable in Front.
- A contact can belong to multiple contact Groups - just use numbered headings such as group2, group 3, etc.
- Extra columns and rows need to be deleted, including blank columns and rows.
- All contacts will be imported as team contacts.
- If you have multiple teams in Front, please be sure to type the team name correctly, or else the upload will default to the first team created on the account.
We have created a .csv template to help get you started: