Front's iOS app
Stay up to date and communicate with your team, even when you don’t have your computer handy. Use the Front iOS app to respond to your customers, collaborate with your team, and work happier!
To download the iOS app, visit frontapp.com/ios, or go to the App Store.
If you open navigation panel, you’ll see a button for Settings at the bottom. From there, you can set:
- Out of office: All notifications will be turned off, and new messages assigned to you will be unassigned
- Do not Disturb Notifications: You can choose from among receiving all notifications, turning on Do not Disturb, or setting a Do not Disturb schedule.
- Badge counter: You can turn on or off the app icon badge counter. You can also choose if you want your inbox counter to reflect My Inbox, or a team workspace.
- Quick reply: The quick reply composer is a half screen modal that is shown by default when replying to a message. It optimizes for short, text only replies. If you’d like the full screen composer to be presented every time you reply to a message, turn this off.
- Absolute time: By default, we show relative time (2d, 2h) for timestamps in the iOS app. Switch on absolute time if you’d like the timestamps on your iOS app to show the full date and time.
To choose which push notifications you want to receive on your iOS device, you need to use either the Front desktop or web app. From there, you can click your avatar in the top left → Settings → Notifications. You can set Basic Notifications by selecting either All, Smart, or None under the Mobile section. You can also set Advanced Notifications for your mobile app. Visit Notification Settings for more information.
The iOS app does offer push notification quick actions. You are able to Comment, Mark as Read, or Archive from your push notifications, so you can easily triage your Inbox while you’re on the go.
Mobile vs. Desktop app
The iOS app is meant to enable you to read and triage your inbox while you’re on the go. It focuses on workflows that help you to be responsive and productive from your iOS device.
The iOS app does not support some advanced features that the desktop app supports, including but not limited to:
- Onboarding for new users
- Full set of personal settings
- Sending images inline
- Settings for canned responses, signatures, inboxes, or rules
- Full contact manager
- changing the default send button
See here for more details on mobile reminders.
To change the send button, tap on the arrow on the top right corner of your draft to select either: Send, Send & Archive, Send Later, or Send & Snooze.
To change the default send button, you'll need to update this setting on Front's desktop app or web browser version. Go to personal settings > preference > Send button > set your default Send button > Save.
For new messages or replies, you can tap on the paperclip icon in the keyboard toolbar. For comments, you can tap on the paperclip icon on the right side of the comment bar.
- Navigate into any inbox from your left navigation panel
- Tap on the blue button with a pen in the bottom right corner
- Choose the New discussion button
To add, remove, or view all tags, you can open the Tags view by either:
- Tapping on any tags listed underneath the Subject of a conversation
- Tapping the 3 dot overflow menu in the toolbar, and selecting View Tags
- If you’d like to add, remove, or edit tags, you can tap Edit at the top right of the Tags view. You can also create a new tag by tapping Create new tag at the top
You can access contact details saved in Contact Manager on the iOS app! Simply tap on the blue contact name in the header of a message to open the Contact Details view.
You can also directly edit the Contact Details by tapping the Edit button at the top right of the Contact Details view!
Long press on any conversation, then select multiple conversations to take action on. The multi-select actions include: Archive, Trash, Star, Snooze, Assign, Move To, Tag, Mark as Read, Mark as Spam
If you click on the three dots next to the Snooze icon, you can load more multi-select options (see below).
Share to Front from 3rd party apps
Tap the share button from any app to see the Front app logo in the selector pane. Click on the video below to see an example.
Hello! One of the things I really appreciate about the iOS app is that it provides instant notifications when I get messages through Front-- often faster than I receive an email notification, for example, via my email app. In the last week or so, these notifications seemed to have disappeared. I've checked that all notification settings (on my phone and in the app) are the same as they always were. Any advice about what I'm missing, or whether there is an issue here that's being addressed on your end? Thank you!