Installing Front Chat on a Wix.com site
The steps you need to take to install Front Chat on your site can vary from our regular instructions in some cases. One instance of this is when you build you site using Wix.com , as Wix impose some restrictions on how you can use services like Front Chat. This guide should help you navigate those restrictions, and get Front Chat installed on your Wix.com site.
Note: You will need to have a Wix site with a connected domain in order to install Front Chat on a Wix site.
Create a Front Chat Inbox
Start by following the "Adding your inbox" steps in our How to set up a Front Chat inbox in Front guide to create a new Front Chat channel and inbox.
Add the Front Chat snippet to your Wix site
- Log in to your Wix account, and navigate to the "Sites Dashboard View"
- Click "Manage & Edit site"
- Click "Tracking & Analytics" from the left panel
- Select "New Tool", then select "Custom"
- Here you should be able to enter the Front Chat code snippet that is listed in your Front Chat channel settings in Front. You'll need to paste that into the box named "Paste the code snippet here"
- You'll then need to name the code snippet (e.g. "Front Chat")
- In the "Add Code to Pages" section, you can choose whether you want the Chat widget to appear on every page on your site, or just a select few
- In the "Place Code in" section, you should select "Body-end"
- Finally, you should be able to click "Apply" and publish your site to see Front Chat render on your site