Tracking emails with SEEN receipts
Email tracking is a feature that allows you to see whether your customer has viewed the message you've sent them. In order to track emails, we use an invisible tracking pixel in your outbound messages to determine whether a message has been viewed.
Go into your Settings and select Inboxes.
Select the inbox. Email tracking is only available on email channels.
Turn the toggle on to enable email tracking.
When your message has been viewed, a SEEN receipt will appear on the message. Clicking the receipt will show you when the recipient viewed the message.
Helpful to know
- If the SEEN receipt was from the previous day, it won't show the date until it's been more than 24 hours.
- When sending a message to multiple recipients, Front will send one message for each recipient but displays it as if it has been sent to all recipients. However, if you use Gmail with Front, beware that Gmail's sent folder will show that you've sent the same email multiple times to the same recipient. Be assured that each recipient only receives one copy of the message.
- If for some reason you don't see the SEEN receipt, it could be due to your recipient's settings. The SEEN receipt is based on an invisible, one pixel, tracking image that's loaded by the recipient. If they have automatic loading of images disabled, Front will not receive a notification that the message was seen.
- If you have 4 or less recipients on a single message, Front will track each recipient separately, and display each name and timestamp. If there are 5 or more recipients, Front will only display the read timestamps, without names.
- Office 365 channels are not able to track multiple recipients due to limitations in sending through their API. Generic tracking will still work, displaying only the read timestamps, without names.