How to snooze conversations for later or follow-up
Ever wish you could hide a message in your inbox until later, or make a sent message reappear for follow-up? With snooze, you can set a time for conversations to reopen in your inbox exactly when you want them to. The snooze is available in two ways:
- Snoozing the conversation using the clock icon at the top of the conversation.
- Using the Send & Snooze button in your composer when you send a message.
How it works
Here is what happens when you snooze a conversation:
- It will move to the Snoozed tab of your inbox and will reopen at the exact time and date you want.
- Snoozing from a shared inbox will snooze the message for your teammates, and snoozing from your individual workspace will snooze the conversation for yourself.
- Snoozing from your Shared with me folder will snooze the conversation for yourself.
- If a recipient replies before your set snooze time, the conversation will reopen the conversation and automatically cancel the snooze. You can re-set the same snooze with one click.
Snooze for later
You can snooze a conversation if you want to handle it later. This is helpful if you want to return to this task but remove it from your inbox for the time being so that you can use your inbox as a true to-do list. To snooze the conversation, click the clock icon at the top of the conversation and choose from the list of times, or set a custom Day & Time.
Send & Snooze for follow-up
Send & Snooze helps you remember to follow up on important messages, especially if you're waiting to hear back from a customer. It's one of your sending options in the composer when you send your message, so the conversation reopens at your chosen time if you don't receive a reply. You might remember this in a previous version of Front as the Reminder feature, which was shown as a clock in the composer toolbar.
You can access Send & Snooze in two ways:
1) Set it to be your default send button. Once set, all your messages will show the Send & Snooze button and ask you to choose a snooze time every time you use it to send a message.
2) Click the dropdown arrow on your Send button to manually choose Send & Snooze. Each time you use it, you will choose the snooze time you want.
Managing your snoozes
Custom snooze times
You can curate the list of options that show in your snooze menu by going to your Settings, and clicking My Preferences. Then click into the Snoozes tab and customize your snooze times here.
You will see some default custom snoozes added for you, which you can click into and fully customize by editing the name, whether it reopens on a specific day and time, or to reopen after a certain duration of time has passed. You can also add your own new times by clicking Add snooze timing from the snooze list.
Once you've created your custom snooze times, you will see the times listed to choose from when you snooze a conversation.
How to find snoozed conversations
To see snoozed messages, simply click the Snoozed tab at the top of any inbox or pinned tag.
In the search bar, you'll also find Snoozed as an option in the dropdown, allowing you to locate snoozed conversations in the currently selected inbox, or in All inboxes. You are also able to use the search condition is:snoozed when searching your inboxes.
Cancel a snooze
To manually cancel a snooze you’ve set, simply click the active (orange) snooze clock icon and click Unsnooze.
Reset the snooze
When your recipient replies to a message before your snooze timer expires, the snooze will be canceled automatically. To reset the same snooze again, click the blue hyperlink Snooze again until… This will reset the same snooze with one click.
@robert I had asked the same question was told that when displayed as choices it automatically displays from soonest to most distant. Once I understood that it mad more sense. I do wish that the popup showed more choices without scrolling.
I'll +1 (like) your suggestions if you'll +1 mine farther above =)
Hi Debra Gunn - thanks for your question! The rule engine actually does not count the snooze action to be the same as the "When archived" trigger, and you're correct that we do not have a "When snoozed" trigger so this is not possible in the rule engine. I've added a feature request for this trigger for you! If you have any specific questions on building a rule or workflow, feel free to email us at email@example.com so that we can help with specific suggestions for you!