How to set up an Aircall inbox in Front
Aircall is a cloud-based phone system and call center software solution that allows you to log call activity and listen to call and voicemail recordings directly in Front.
Go into your Settings, select Inboxes, and Add a team inbox.
Choose the Custom option.
Name your custom inbox (we recommend something like "Aircall"), and click Next.
Select the teammates you'd like to give access to, and click Create inbox.
Scroll down to view the details for the custom channel that was just created.
Click API Endpoints, and hover over the first Incoming field to click Copy. Be sure to copy the first url in the list in order for messages to correctly sync from Aircall to Front.
Go into your Aircall dashboard, select Companies, Integrations, and Add an integration. Choose Front from the integrations menu.
Paste the URL from your Front channel in the URL field in Aircall.
You should now be able to log calls in this new inbox. To have call recordings sent to Front, you'll need to make sure call recordings are activated in your Aircall settings.
You should receive messages in Front for the following Aircall activities:
- Inbound call answered (with link to call recording)
- Missed inbound call
- Voicemail (with link to voicemail recording)
- Outbound call answered (with link to call recording)
- Outbound call not answered
Comments written in Aircall will sync to Front as comments on the related conversation.
The Aircall integration supports contact sync in a few ways:
- One-way sync of contacts from Aircall to Front: if contact exists in Aircall but does not exist in Front, the first logged message will create a contact in Front with the name and phone number of the Aircall contact.
- If a phone number matches an existing contact in Front: message will show that contact name as the sender and will include Aircall activities in the contact details.
- If a phone number does not match a contact in Front: Aircall will create a new contact for that phone number, which you can edit later to add a name or email.