How to set up an Aircall inbox in Front
Aircall is a cloud-based phone system and call center software solution that allows you to log call activity and listen to call and voicemail recordings directly in Front. The instructions in this article are to set up the Aircall channel to receive a record of all your calls into Front as messages.
Click into Company settings.
Click on Inboxes on the left menu and Add a team inbox.
Fill out the name and description of your inbox. Click Create.
Choose Custom from the channel menu.
Name the specific channel, such as Team Aircall.
Click the dropdown arrow to expand the details for the custom channel that was just created.
Expand API Endpoints, and hover over the first Incoming field to click Copy. Be sure to copy the first url in the list in order for messages to correctly sync from Aircall to Front.
Go into your Aircall dashboard, select Companies, Integrations, and Add an integration. Choose Front from the integrations menu.
Paste the URL from your Front channel in the URL field in Aircall.
You should now be able to log calls in this new inbox. To have call recordings sent to Front, you'll need to make sure call recordings are activated in your Aircall settings.
In the Front inbox, choose the teammate access for this inbox, and whether you'd like to pin this inbox for teammates.
Complete the remainder of the inbox settings, and click Finish.
How it works
You should receive messages in Front for the following Aircall activities:
- Inbound call answered (with link to call recording)
- Missed inbound call
- Voicemail (with link to voicemail recording)
- Outbound call answered (with link to call recording)
- Outbound call not answered
Comments written in Aircall will sync to Front as comments on the related conversation.
The Aircall integration supports contact sync in a few ways:
- One-way sync of contacts from Aircall to Front: if contact exists in Aircall but does not exist in Front, the first logged message will create a contact in Front with the name and phone number of the Aircall contact.
- If a phone number matches an existing contact in Front: message will show that contact name as the sender and will include Aircall activities in the contact details.
- If a phone number does not match a contact in Front: Aircall will create a new contact for that phone number, which you can edit later to add a name or email.
Aircall actually built and maintains this integration, so please contact email@example.com for questions and troubleshooting assistance.
This feature is available on the Prime plan or above. Some legacy plans with different names may also have this feature.