Customize when conversations bump up
Based on your team's workflows and inbox setup, you may want to customize when conversations bump to the top of the inbox. This is a company-level setting that company admins can control, so it will apply to all shared inboxes for the company. These options will, by default, reopen conversations that were archived, in order to show that their position has changed in the inbox.
The company admin will have access to change the bump settings, which will apply to all shared inboxes. The options and behaviors for when to bump are as follows:
- Replies: bumps to the top when someone sends a new reply in the thread, helpful if your team prioritizes replies over internal comments
- Comments: bumps to the top when a teammate comments, helpful if your team uses internal notes in order to take next actions
- Both: bumps when there is new reply or comment
- Never: replies and comments do not change the order of conversations
Click on your avatar, then into Preferences under the Company section.
You will see the option Bump and reopen conversations in team inboxes, where this is a dropdown menu of when you want to bump the conversation.
Make your selection on when you want to conversation to bump, and click Save at the top.
Bumping in individual workspace
The bump settings do not impact your individual workspace (your individual inboxes, Assigned, and Shared sections), which have their own default behavior. Conversations will bump on:
- new inbound messages
- you're added as a tracker