Front Analytics presents a series of simple and intuitive controls that are consistent across different reports, so that you can quickly customize each report to show the data you need. You can create different versions, or views, of each type of report and customize each view. This article will orient you in how to navigate Analytics.
How to access Analytics
Access the Analytics section by clicking on the Analytics icon on the bottom left corner of Front. You must be a Team Admin of the team in order to view the team analytics, but non-admins can access their individual analytics.
Report navigation features
The left navigation panel is where you will access the different report types available and your saved views for each report.
Team or individual selection
Use the dropdown menu at the top left to choose between viewing individual analytics or team analytics. If you have multiple Teams on your plan, you will see them on this list. You do need to be a team admin or have a role with analytics permissions to view team analytics.
On the left panel of the Analytics section, you will see a list of all the report types available:
Report header features
You will see a consistent header format on the right side after clicking on a report type from the left-side navigation panel. This report header format is the same for all report types.
On the top left, you will see the name of the report type.
Progress bar and last updated
As the report loads, you will see a progress percentage at next to the report name, with the percentage increasing until it's complete. After fully loading, it will show when this report was last refreshed with new data. The report will refresh every time you click on the report or select a new view or filter, and the time elapsed will update.
Choose the date range for the report; from day, week, month, quarter, year, or a custom range.
For each report, you can create multiple views that have different filters.
- Views are displayed as tabs across the top of each report if you pin them.
- When you create a view for any report, it is created and visible in all the other reports you click into.
- See a list of all your saved views by clicking on the All views menu on the top right. Click the checkbox to pin it across the top as a tab for quick access or to view it. Click the X on the tab to unpin it.
- Create a new view by clicking the + Add view button. You can then select the filters to customize this view, described in the section below. Learn more about creating and editing views here.
Every view for a report has several different filter options to customize exactly what you need to see for the view.
- The filter options are:
- Inbox: Filters only activities that happened in the selected inboxes or All inboxes.
- Teammate: Filters only actions directly attributed to selected teammates. Actions taken by rules (e.g. routing or SLA breaches) or by other teammates will not be included in the reporting. For these reasons, teammate filters can provide an incomplete picture of what happened to conversations, especially on the Conversations and SLAs reports.
- Tag is: Filters conversations that currently have the selected tags. Two options:
- One of selected: Displays conversations that has any one of the selected tags.
- All of selected: Displays conversations that have all of the selected tags.
- Tag is not: Filters conversations do not currently have the selected tags.
- Without tags: Filters conversations that do not currently have any tags.
- Click the + sign to select a new filter, then use the dropdown menu for the filter to choose the items you want to include. Learn more about creating and editing filters here.
- You can adjust filters to immediately see the changes reflected in your view, without having to save them.
- When you save the filters for a view, the set of filters for the view are applied to all the reports, since the same views are visible in all reports.
Export view data
You can export a CSV file with the raw data of your view by clicking the 3 dots on the top right and choosing Export view data. To learn more, click here.
Many of the sections in the reports are customizable to include the specific metrics you want to see. Any subsection within a report that has a gear icon on the top right can be customized to display the specific metrics you want to see in this subsection.